Welcome to our VFW veteran resources website.
Veterans helping Veterans
You served your country honorably and you know what making sacrifices entails. Now, it's time to get the benefits you've earned and the support only other veterans can offer.
This is a FREE Service to ALL VETERANS.
You do not need to be a VFW member to receive this Veteran's Resource information, but we invite you to join the VFW to receive the personal assistance you deserve. From service-related medical issues, and VA claims to educational benefits. We're dedicated to providing you with the answers you deserve! Please contact our Post Senior VFW Service Officer at email@example.com
Our Post Service Officer will:
- Offer research and advice to veterans who wish to handle their own claims.
- Assist Veterans who are filing original claims for compensation and/or pension with the Department of Veterans Affairs and complete the required
- VA forms on behalf of the claimant.
- Assist Veterans in reopening claims for service-connected disabilities and complete the required VA forms.
- Follow up on status of claims filed by veterans with the VA Regional Office.
- File Notice of Disagreement with the VA Regional Office if a veteran believes the decision made by the VA was incorrect.
- Review statements of the case from the VA regarding denials of claim and assist veterans with the preparation of responses.
- Assist Veterans or surviving spouses in the preparation of appeals for denial of claims and file the appeals with the local VA Regional Office for forwarding to the Board of Veterans Appeals in Washington, D.C.
- Complete VA Forms other than for original claims.
- Answer/research telephone inquiries regarding medical, death/burial and other miscellaneous benefits.
It is encouraged that forms be prepared with your DD Form 214 attached, and kept in a secured place so that your family members have quick access when they are needed.